Are You a SAHM or a SSAHM?
Being a stay at home mom can be a tough decision to make. I know when I decided to be a stay at home mom, I felt like I wasn’t contributing to the household income especially since we lived on a budget. I started to look for ways to make money online but wouldn’t take up a lot of time.
Swagbucks was the first way I started making money. Earning gift cards that I could use towards birthdays, anniversaries, and especially Christmas. I was quite surprised at how much I was suddenly earning, and it helped the budget too!
Then I thought about Ebay, I was always buying gently used clothes for the kids and saving a ton of money so I thought why not try to sell on Ebay and not only save money but make money too! So I started selling gently used stuff and started earning a few extra dollars this way too.
Then I became a single stay at home mom!
I knew I had to earn even more to pay bills and be able to provide for my kids. I decided to start a blog to share what I’ve learned throughout the years about living on a budget, family and parenting, and more. Now this was a chance I was willing to take when it came to starting a blog. I had to buy a hosting site because, quite frankly, you can’t REALLY make much money with a free site. I used my credit card and jumped in! Determination will get you anywhere, it just takes time. I just kept building it up and adding more, adding different monetizing strategies, etc. Now, I am a full-time blogger and working in Direct Sales too!
I have compiled a list of the top 7 ways I earn money to support my family. I hope it helps you to do the same, whether you are just looking for a couple of ways to make some extra cash or looking to find a way to be home with your kids, these are what work for me.
My Money Makers:
- I Run This Blog – And you can too! This was the toughest decision I had to make because it did cost money to get started, but it was well worth it to buy a hosting service so I could monetize my blog and make it my own. I am passionate about many things, mostly my family and how to provide for them, so this is what my blog is based on. You can get more information here. This is what I used to get started and have not regretted it all! It’s very affordable.
- Swagbucks – I have been using Swagbucks for at least 5 years now, probably longer! An easy way to earn cash or gift cards. So many different ways to earn through Swagbucks. I cash out at least $25 a month, most of the time a lot more, just giving you the bottom line. There is a bonus available if you sign up this month!
- Ebay – I sell anything and everything that I no longer need or the kids have outgrown, etc. on Ebay. Of course it does have to be in good use-able or gently used condition. Nobody wants to buy something that is ripped, torn, stained, etc. You get the drift. This really helps to put money back towards new or gently worn clothing/books/toys for your kids. *Small fees involved when selling on Ebay.
- Etsy – Are you crafty? Do you have a hobby? If you make anything handmade and enjoy it, why not profit from it? Sell handmade items on Etsy, and right now if you use this link, you can start with 40 free listings! Therefore, it costs you nothing to get started! *Small fees involved when selling on Etsy.
- Direct Sales – I have just started in direct sales but what a help in the money making department! I am a direct sales consultant for Linen World. There is no cost to join, no quota’s to meet, and free web page made for you. This one is my favorite, I earn 20% in commissions on everything I sell, and you can too! I also have just joined with Party Time Mixes as an Independent Consultant. This one, I have to pay around $10 a month for, but the prices are low so it is not hard to at least make enough to cover the cost of your web page even in the beginning. Commission on this one is also 20% to start. Best thing about Direct Sales today is you can choose to do it all online. You don’t have to do home parties unless you want too!
- EarningStation – This is another new one for me, but I really like it already. It is so easy to earn money on EarningStation as well. I don’t know to much about it yet except doing surveys and such so you’ll have to check it out yourself. What do you got to lose?
- MavenX – This is really cool! You make boards, kind of like Pinterest, except these boards can earn you money! Yup, all you do is make boards of products you love or think others will love from the networks that MavenX works with, and if someone buys something through your boards, you earn a commission. Make sure you share your boards any way you can. Facebook, Twitter, etc. If you already have a blog or are thinking about starting one (#1), it is a great way to make some extra money through your blog as well.
These are the top 7 ways I make an income to earn money online and take care of family. Do you work online to make extra money? How do you make money online?