Family Fun Night On A Budget
Having money in the budget for family fun isn’t always possible. Whether you live paycheck to paycheck, live on a small budget, are a single parent, or just going through a rough patch, sometimes the extra money to go to a movie or out to dinner just isn’t there.
But we all know how important our family is. They are the ones we love, the ones who are always there for us. And probably the reason we have tight budgets. haha Whether you have a large family or it’s just the “two or three of you”, the Dollar Tree makes it possible to still have a Family Fun Night.
Start digging up that loose change, or those few dollars you have stashed away for a rainy day, because you can show your family a little fun and forget about the daily stresses of life for at least one night.
The Dollar Tree has everything for $1 or less!
- Paper Products
- And so much more!!!!
Depending on what you have to spend for your Family Fun Night, you can decide, with your family, of course, what the Family Fun Night will include!
Or, better yet (I think, because I love to surprise my kids), if you want to surprise them with a Family Fun Night, just wing it, you’ll know what you want and what you can afford! Link below to help you figure out how to plan your night!
Make your next Fun Night a success without breaking the bank at DollarTree.com
I love getting free samples for new products to try before I actually go out and buy the product. Saves a ton of money on buying a product you or your family may or may not like. This really helps when you live on a budget like I do. And I’m kinda happy to get full size products for free too! Wanna learn how? It’s super easy! No gimmicks, just simply free. Of course, some of these you have to qualify for which I will explain below.
I have made a list of 6 places for you to join me in getting free samples and some full size products.
- Betty Crocker. If you sign up here you can get a free product every month. So far, it has always been a full size product or coupon for free product. You MUST check every email from them because you never know when its going to pop up. TIP: It doesn’t tell you in the subject line. Quantities are limited so you don’t always get it. I get mine most of the time though, now that I know to check their emails.
- Pillsbury. Same as above. Didn’t product though but same concept.
- House Party. I love this one too! When you sign up for this one, you see the available parties you can apply to be a part of. If excepted as a host, you have to agree to the rules and have an actual party inviting friends and family to participate and to share your party box with, but it can be so much fun!
- PINCHme. One Tuesday per month, at noon, they do a sample box. You must set up and an account and fill out the questionnaire and check in every so often to see if there are new qualifying questions to stay up to date. You won’t always get samples, sometimes only one or two, other times a whole box! Depends on what they have and what your profile fits. I usually get 2-4 samples a month. These also go quick, so don’t forget to log in on the day and time the email says. You can also follow them on a number of social media accounts to help with reminders.
- BzzAgent. For this one if you set up an account and fill out the surveys, you will get full size products in exchange for honest product reviews. The more you participate, the higher your buzz score, the better chance you have of getting products that fit your questions and surveys!
- Influenster. This one i another one for reviewing products. You get the product and give a review. Just like the rest though, you have to participate and qualify by answering questions. Of course, I can understand this, they can’t just go giving free products to everyone!
What do you think, are you ready to get free samples and/or products? Are you already a member of any of these? If yes, aren’t they awesome! Let me know in the comments and if you like this post, please don’t forget to subscribe for much more to come!
Staying Within Your Budget
It can be very, very hard to stay on budget around the holidays! I have this problem every holiday season as I’ve always lived on a budget. There are a few things I do to help myself stay within my budget, they include:
- Making a list of everyone I need to buy gifts for. Then I reorder the list from low to high in the amount I plan to spend for each given person. This gives me a total of money needed for the holiday season and a challenge to stick to that.
- I listen throughout the entire year of things people say they want or wish they had and make a mental note of it until I can write them on the list.
- When I find a deal or an item on clearance I grab it and stuff it away for the holidays. And don’t forget to check that item or person off the list!
- This may sound silly, but I save loose change and dollar bills. I have a spot for each and tuck them away from January until about October. You would not believe how quickly the money adds up! A couple of years back, I had $528 when I counted my dollar bills and change! Not so much this year.
- Start a Christmas Club at your bank (if they have this), some people can’t put much in, but even a couple hundred at the end of the year helps a ton.
- I also do a few other things to make extra money, that I have started to share in the “Making Side Money” category. If you have a free minute you can check that out too.
Hope this can help someone out there, maybe not this year, but would be a good thing at the beginning of 2017.