Themed Easter Baskets
Get outdoors and have some fun is the theme of the Easter baskets for my children again this year. I believe in children getting fresh air and exercise on a daily basis and what better way to do that than to give them the means to want to be outside! Through Amazon.com and Dollar Tree.com I have found many awesome products to make fun filled outdoor Easter baskets even on a budget. From DIY projects to kites and chalk, you can check out my ideas in the list below.
These items also fill their baskets pretty quick, which means less room for all those sugary sweets! For the sweet stuff, we will do an Easter Egg Hunt outdoors, hopefully the weather permits! That way it is less candy and more fun for both children and parents! Of course depending on your child’s age/s will also help you decide what would work for their baskets.
A Few Ideas For Outdoor Fun My Kids Have Loved
Craft Rock Pets
Studio Sidewalk Mandala
DIY Water Bottle
Build A Fairy Garden
And so much more outdoor fun stuff like chalk, bubbles, hula hoops, flip flops and more right from the Dollar Tree.
You can’t beat $1 or even less!
And of course don’t forget the Easter essentials! I usually get these at Walmart.
These are just a few ideas for an outdoors themed Easter basket. I know my children have loved them in the past and this is what I’m doing again this year. They get so much more out of this type of basket and it gives them months of outdoor play stuff, than just a basket full of sweets.
What kind of basket do you build for your children? Do you try to do something different each year or do you stick with tradition? Let me know in the comments! We are all always looking for new ideas!
*This post contains Affiliate Links with no additional cost to you. I may or may not get compensated for anything you choose to purchase through any link in this post. Thanks for your support!
Staying Within Your Budget
It can be very, very hard to stay on budget around the holidays! I have this problem every holiday season as I’ve always lived on a budget. There are a few things I do to help myself stay within my budget, they include:
- Making a list of everyone I need to buy gifts for. Then I reorder the list from low to high in the amount I plan to spend for each given person. This gives me a total of money needed for the holiday season and a challenge to stick to that.
- I listen throughout the entire year of things people say they want or wish they had and make a mental note of it until I can write them on the list.
- When I find a deal or an item on clearance I grab it and stuff it away for the holidays. And don’t forget to check that item or person off the list!
- This may sound silly, but I save loose change and dollar bills. I have a spot for each and tuck them away from January until about October. You would not believe how quickly the money adds up! A couple of years back, I had $528 when I counted my dollar bills and change! Not so much this year.
- Start a Christmas Club at your bank (if they have this), some people can’t put much in, but even a couple hundred at the end of the year helps a ton.
- I also do a few other things to make extra money, that I have started to share in the “Making Side Money” category. If you have a free minute you can check that out too.
Hope this can help someone out there, maybe not this year, but would be a good thing at the beginning of 2017.